WP Rawl is a grower, processor, and distributor of over 15 different varieties of fresh vegetables harvested year round and more than 50 different packaged value-added products. Since 1925 our headquarters in the midlands of South Carolina has grown from a small family operation to a business retaining nearly 800 employees shipping products to retailers from Florida to Maine across to Texas and Wisconsin. We are committed to implementing practices that are both sustainable and ensure food safety. Our employees are an extension of our family, each of whom has an opportunity to impact every area of the business.
We are currently in search of a General Production Worker supporting our processing facility in Pelion, SC.
- The employee will work in the fresh greens area, where they will be cross trained to work multiple areas. –
- They will work in the repacking station where they will sort through and package custom orders to fulfill customer orders. –
- They will work in the manual packaging line where they will gather different products for special packaging and orders. –
- The greens inspection line will involve sorting through all the greens on an assembly line and doing quality inspections to remove any debris, roots, or anything considered hazardous. –
- The packaging area is done by machines, however, counting and placing the correct packages in the crates will be required.
- Able to follow detailed directions.
- Must be 18 or older
- High School Diploma not required
Environment includes an expansive refrigerated warehouse, where the temperature averages 36-38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Exposure to loud noise
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Heavy Forklift Traffic
- Position requires standing, walking and bending on a regular basis on concrete flooring
- Must have manual dexterity to perform computer skills